Service Management Tools Engineer III
This position is responsible for executing the Service Management Tools strategy at a technical level. This role reports directly to the Manager of Service Management Tools and is responsible for executing procedures for break/fix repair, change requests, and scheduled maintenance. Responsibilities include some development, implementation, and maintenance of strategic monitoring and service management/ticketing tools for CBTS. Key customers for this position include CBTS Managed Services, strategic individual customer programs, CBT, and strategic CTO-led initiatives.
• Executes the technical direction and focus for service management tools implementation, operation, and maintenance; has an understanding of the vision and translates that into the appropriate technical execution
• Directly manages systems and/or tools applications while supporting development roadmaps and project portfolios
• Actively works with business unit management and decision-makers to execute towards the project backlog, collaborating on establishing business-driven priorities for fixes and enhancements
• Accountable for all system and applications best practices and methodologies including scope and expectations management, requirements management, iterative release management, and testing, quality, and source code control
• Accountable for execution of effective systems management and underlying infrastructure of service management platforms; directs efforts to ensure CBTS systems maintain high reliability, acceptable performance, and adequate capacity
• Provides valuable insight and promotes a positive team atmosphere
• Interacts with key vendors and partners as needed to improve the breadth and depth of the service management tools functionality and relevance; additionally, collaborates with providers when appropriate for joint development efforts
• May participate in a pre-sales capacity for strategic customer opportunities
• Provide systems and applications support metrics and respond proactively to trends and performance needs
• Builds and maintains strong working relationships with all levels of CBTS and customer personnel
• Maintains a detailed understanding of CBTS Managed Services Tools service offerings and technical capabilities
• Provides input into development of monitoring and service management processes by which CBTS will manage and grow its ability to serve customers
• Makes disciplined use of tracking and reporting vehicles to capture project activities and progress and provides details to clients and CBTS management as needed
• Four years of College resulting in a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
• Continuing applied technical education in multiple disciplines
• Network experience a must - especially Cisco/Juniper/Aruba
• EMC/NetApp/HDS Storage systems experience a plus
• Linux/UNIX/AIX/Solaris operating systems experience
• Microsoft operating systems experience
• Large project experience - both operational and technical project implementation
• 4 to 6 years of experience
• Extensive exposure to monitoring platforms - EM7, SolarWinds, CA, Nagios, etc.
• Extensive exposure to service management/ticketing systems - HP Service Desk, BMC Remedy, CA Unicenter, etc.
• ITIL framework familiarity, especially Operations and Change Management
• Team leadership experience a plus
• Systems or applications implementation experience
• Work closely with individual programmers, systems analysts, and systems administrators
• Lead contract employees
• May assist in leading partner joint development efforts and personnel
Cincinnati Bell and Cincinnati Bell Technology Solutions is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and we provide reasonable accommodations for qualifying individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application and interview procedures. If you would like to request an ADA accommodation for any part of the application and/or interview process, please contact our HR Compliance Department at (513) 841-6310 or send an email to email@example.com. If you should have any difficulty, you may use our alternative methods to express your interest in employment. A wonderful career awaits you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.